Dating yourself.

November 18, 2017


This is something I've often talked about, whether in person or online, but dating yourself is one of the most important things someone can do.

Almost 9 months ago I ended the relationship I thought I was going to be in forever. I day dreamt about our wedding, we talked about where we would raise our kids, yet life got in the way and it turned out we weren't right for each other. Now getting to a year later, I can honestly say I've never been happier because I've taken the time to get to know myself again and I'm in love. Not in a self-involved way, I just know what I want and the few men I have seen since being single, I've been able to tell if they're worth my time or not. 

I spend weekends on my own, weeknights tucked up in bed, and some evenings I'll even take myself out for a glass of wine. My point is that there's nothing embarrassing about doing activities on your own, and at 27 years old it's only right that I've left all that pointless insecurity behind, about my figure, being single, and even not having great make up skills.

I'm smitten with myself, my friends, my job, and just because there isn't a handsome bearded man I've fallen for, it doesn't mean I'm not happy.

Bearcavingamy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments