Sunday Hymn #2

November 27, 2017

Black Gold Buffalo
It's getting absolutely freezing to the point I didn't write my Sunday Hymn as I couldn't actually face taking my hands from under the covers.

The BBC Sound of Poll came out today and it's exceptional to see some ladies leading the way for great new music. Billie Eilish who I've been shouting about all year, the impeccable Nilufer Yanya, and not forgetting the dark pop bangers from Pale Waves. Hopefully some of these will make it into the list next year.

Short and sweet this time, but maybe next week more tracks have caught my ear!

Bearcavingamy.

Thunder Jackson

Brand new onto the scene with their single 'Guilty Party', and by new I mean they literally released this track five days ago and have barely 60 likes on Facebook. This Welsh/US duo who met in a taxi in California might have released one of 2017's pop banger contenders.



Charles Watson

Slow Club are making quite a name for themselves even apart. First came Self Esteem, and now Charles Watson is going solo. 'No Fanfare' is a cute little lo-fi number that oddly suits the changing weather.


Black Gold Buffalo

Flawlessly dressed and clean sounding, East London's Black Gold Buffalo return. They released a 'A Million' before disappearing but now they're back with a broody slice of 80's pop. Think Savages but with synths.


You Might Also Like

0 comments